24 September 2019

The Death of Leaves ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have seen the Maple trees begin to show their crimson signal that summer is gone and the other trees will shortly join the symphony of color and wind that makes autumn so lovely.  Soon Octoberfest and wood fires will be the products of chilling air and the celebration of transition. 

During transition, there is always loss.  Some people see the passing of summer as a loss.  For others, Autumn is their favorite season.  There is, however, a cost to the beauty of the Maples in their fiery fall.  For all of its beauty, Autumn is a time of death and dying.  It is a season of decay.  

How we handle death is at least as important as how we handle life.  As we face this transition together, I ponder how we prepare for the Autumn of our lives.  Do we understand it is part of the bargain?  Do I consider that with more years behind me than ahead of me that I must honestly ponder what I expect and what I wish?

Perhaps we can walk together for a space before the air turns to brisk and map out where it is we are going and celebrate the death of leaves with hope and faith.  I know that the seasons have much still to teach me.  I must learn what it is if I am to journey well through Autumn.  Your companionship is truly a treasure along the way.  Walk with me if you will.  If nothing else, we can see some beautiful colors.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment