05 September 2019

But versus So ~ Here-say with No Evidence


Greetings Dear Reader,

“I love you but I am going to say terrible things about you to others.”  I believe that we have far too small an understanding of the power of our words.  We put things out there that are eternal.  We say things that are not our portion to say and then are surprised when we cannot call them back.  We can apologize, say we did not mean it, or even reverse our story, but the story has been told and the damage done.

There are people angry at me whom I have never met because of what someone else has said.  I think that the word “gossip” is not powerful enough for what I am getting at here.  I hear people casually say negative things about other people without any thought for how it would make that person feel.  Worse, it is done without the filter of our love for Christ and the person about whom we speak.

We can destroy relationships, careers, and even lives with our words.  We can intervene with “good intentions” or by suggesting prayer when what we are really doing is passing along a lurid tale. We deliver judgment upon others without ever speaking to him or her.  We carry our judgment and the story to others and damage them without their knowledge.  We sometimes even revel in the attention we get as we tell the story.

It is my obligation not to listen to negative speech about others.  Even if the person is right there, I must not allow others to malign because it is not an evidence of the love of Christ.  The attitude must be “I love you so, I will not believe or listen to negative things about you until I hear it from you.”  Imagine Dear Reader, how easy it would be to be honest about our faults if we knew we could talk to others without fear of being talked about in our absence.  The Father is not receiving love from us when we malign his children.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment