03 September 2019

But versus So ~ Equal Treatment


Greetings Dear Reader,

This is not a discussion of race or oppression.  It is me thinking about a fissure in the love we show others.  First, let us begin with the obvious.  Think through this statement: “I love you but you are gay so you cannot get the same insurance, housing, or treatment as I do.”  As a Christ-follower does that ring of love?

Let me put this in perspective.  Put any other word in place of the word “gay”.  If I say “liberal” or “conservative”, I can polarize half of the people reading this.  If you are a Christ-follower and you relegate the needs of anyone as second based on a moral issue, you are flying directly in the face of how Jesus treated others.  There is no gray area here.  Jesus made it clear that only those without sins can throw stones whether they be physical or social.

It is no wonder that some people think that we hate them because we disagree with their lifestyle.  If we are not actively showing love by treating them with kindness and respect, we are showing judgment and hate.  There is no gray here either.  The speech and action have to be, “I love you, so your human needs matter to me no matter what I think about your life.”  We never see Jesus refusing to care for someone because they were not what the Law dictated. 

There is no “love your neighbor UNLESS.”   We need to quit pretending that our passive ignorance is enough.  Our love must be active and obvious to everyone.  I do not have to agree with you to love you.  I do not have the right to judge your life.  I only have the obligation to love you no matter what your need is. 

This is not something to argue about Dear Reader.  If I am wrong, I will err on the side of love every time.  I must love every human no matter what I think of his or her choices.  In fact, what I think every moral issue is a topic for me to discuss with the Father so that I learn to love more deeply.  If I am asked, I may tell you what I think, but only after you are sure that I love you and everyone else. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment