14 February 2014

Erosion – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Everything that is not tended erodes.  No matter how good I am today at being patient, kind, or respectful I must mindful of erosion.  I cannot allow my care and vigilance over the good things that pass from me to others to lie fallow.
 
Even though some of these good things are habits I must not allow them to diminish or be neglected.  I must tend the soil in which my good habits grow and assure that those habits are deeply rooted.

This can only be done if I daily commit to following Christ in a way that places my goodness to others at the forefront.  It is easy to be focused on my own heart and needs.  It takes work to develop a lifelong pattern of being good to others.

The only way to prevent the erosion of good things in our society is for individuals to choose to be the roots that cling to them.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment