03 February 2014

Second Thoughts – Magic Moments

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I truly savor time with my children.  Last Friday night was one of those times.  We got to indulge in a late night event connected to one of our shared interests.   We play a card game that has quarterly releases of new cards.  Our group of shared friends often gathers around the game and there is much enjoyment.

During the Friday event I had another great experience.  I was matched against someone in the tournament who is a kindred spirit.  Even though I lost my time was filled with the winning moment of getting to know a young man who cares about kindness and honor above pride and winning. 

In following Christ I revel most in those moments where I can meet someone on the journey with whom I share common values and interests.  These serendipitous events fuel me to be a better follower and more faithful example.  I am always thankful for them.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment