10 February 2014

Erosion – Humility

Greetings Dear Reader,

There was time when athletes talked about the team and a common goal during interviews.  There was a time when celebrating a victory meant joy for you and respect for your defeated opponent.  I remember being taught that when you win you must not forget to respect your opponent.
 
The reason for all of this was humility.  Somewhere in our growth of pride in accomplishments we have lost the idea of humility.  The erosion of humility leads to the wrong and deadly kind of pride.  This kind of pride destroys things.  It is arrogant and unloving. 

As a Christ follower I must be humble.  The problem is that humility erodes so quickly when I am angry or feel slighted.  I forget so easily that I must put other first and love them where they are.  In addition to that I must remember that I must not feel prideful when I succeed in being humble.  It is constant dance with a dervish to work at this.

It is only by looking at Christ and not my own worth that humility can when.  I must constantly be a reflector and never try to be the light.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment