06 February 2014

Erosion – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I was in primary school we had a science fair every year.  Participation was compulsory and my creativity had not found its footing yet.  A teacher who cared about me suggested I do a project on erosion. 

I did.  It failed miserably.  Instead of a cool mountain of dirt that show the impact of water cascading down leaving devastated land, I ended up with a box of mud.  It did ignite in me a passion for the power of water and the effects of erosion.

I have also realized that erosion may be the most destructive force there is for Christ followers.  None of my great failures started with me deciding to do something terribly wrong.  They all started with me choosing to do something small and rationalizing it away. 

Please understand that I indulge in very little “slippery slope” thinking.  I also recognize, however, that the wolf is always at the door.  The siren always calls.  A small series of compromises can lead to great tragedy.  It comes down to knowing the areas where there is no room for compromise or erosion.

I see erosion all around me.  Please join in the conversation as I ponder some areas where it threatens the journey and harms those around us.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment