03 February 2014

Stupid Human Tricks – In-Fighting

Greetings Dear Reader,

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I feel that Georgia peaches are better than any fruit in the world.  To me all other peaches are inferior and I rarely will eat any other kind.  It is completely allowable that I feel this way.  After all, they are peaches.

When humans become stupid they translate this feeling to the way in which they practice following Christ.  Since finding Christ I have been in Baptist, Lutheran, Charismatic, and Independent churches.  Except for one each church I regularly attended decided at one point that they were better than the others. 

When Christ followers indulge in this type of behavior precious resources and time are wasted.  Damage is done to the name of Christ and the furtherance of the Gospel. Teaching time and discussions are consumed in explaining why this practice is better than others.  People get judged based on the particular practices they prefer at worship.

All of this hinders the faith.  It is Christ that matters.  It is following Christ and living his commission that matters.  If I exclude anyone based on his or her preference in that following that I cease to follow.  It is foolish to do so.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."



No comments:

Post a Comment