23 February 2014

On America – Personal Responsibility

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I make a choice to do or not do something then I am acting in my own locus of control.  As a writer I write or I do not write.  It is my choice.  As Christ follower I either obey or I do not.  As an American citizen I either work toward what is good or I do not.

A great America requires that we reconnect with the idea of personal responsibility.  It is not anyone else’s fault if I do not give my best to make my life all it can be.  Everyone can have a better life if they take personal responsibility for that life.  There are challenges, setbacks, and obstacles.  All that means is that I must be tougher, persistent, and creative.

I must be responsible for the choices I make.  I have an education because I studied.  I have a good job because I kept seeking better jobs.  I am not a self-made man but my work and persistence has played a part in where I am.  It will play a part in where I am headed as well. 

I have heard too many people say that some entity or other prevented them from succeeding.  That is just impossible.  We can become almost anything if we work hard and chase our dreams.  It is in that personal responsibility that greatness lies.  If we want a great nation we must re-embrace the idea that it is great when it is make up of millions of its citizens striving to be individually great whilst helping others do the same.

If I do not give my best effort for my life then I should not expect anyone else to do it for me.  Christ demands my best and my country sure needs it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment