10 August 2015

Home to House - Arranging Things - Kitchens

Greetings Dear Reader,

I love to cook.  I can easily prepare a feast for dozens.  The kitchen I leave behind was vast and roomy.  There were ample surfaces and it was easy to prep and execute meals. 

My new kitchen is not so roomy.  I am working to find a utilitarian space for everything.  Also cooking for one is not something I do well.  I find little joy in the effort to benefit ratio involved in cooking for one.  Eventually I will settle into something that resembles a healthy food routine.  For now I am just subsisting as I make the transition.

I find that I am reminded that I have so much more than I need.  Not having enough room for your food is a problem about which one should not complain.  Still the transition to solo meals and limited need for food in the house reminds me of the solo nature of my future.

I spend a great deal of time trying to remember to think of others first.  As this transition becomes a reality I realize that this challenge will be difficult.  I will have to move through it with a firmer grip on my faith.  I will need to assure that face the challenge and do not hid from it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment