01 August 2015

Home to House – A Moving Son

Greetings Dear Reader,

Thursday night at dinner my younger Son, Bezel joked about being homeless.  He too is moving.  He is returning to the south to pursue a career as a pilot.  We have had some very good times whilst he has sojourned here. 

He knows that he will never be truly homeless as long as I live.  I will miss him but this transition is one that is promising for him.  His brother feels the loss deeply.  Whether they are
funning or feuding there is a deep connection between them that they both need. 

He has potential that is so amazing.  I will miss the times we stole to have a meal or see a movie.  We will share a last breakfast today at my favorite diner.  My car is full of things to put into my new house.  I cannot bring myself to call it a home.
 
Bezel is always able to see my pain when I try to hide it.  I will miss him calling me out when I am not dealing with things properly internally.   When we (Avalon was still here then) adopted Christmas he drove all the way up here for the weekend to see if I had gotten in over my head.

His departure makes my journey into the unknown more challenging.  He journeys with my prayers and hopes that he finds a sturdy path and wings to carry him to his dreams and aspirations.  As my Son moves I know that THE SON will care for him far better than I can.  So as with all movement this bittersweet parting leaves me in awe and pain wishing this beloved man joy in his journey.  I love you Bezel.  I am proud to be your father.   Find the happy thought that makes you fly Son.

The Sunrise of Your Smile – Michael Card

Reject the worldly lie that says
That life lies always up ahead
Let power go before control becomes
A crust around your soul

Escape the hunger to possess
And soul-diminishing success
This world is full of narrow lives
I pray by grace your smile survives

For I would wander weary miles
Would welcome ridicule, my child
To simply see the sunrise of your smile
To see the light behind your eyes
The happy thought that makes you fly
Yes, I would wander weary miles
To simply see the sunrise of your smile

Now close your eyes so you can see
Your own unfinished memories
Now open them for time is brief
And you'll be blest beyond belief

Now glance above you at the sky
There's beauty there to blind the eye
I ask all this then wait awhile
To see the dawning of your smile

For I would wander weary miles
Would welcome ridicule, my child
To simply see the sunrise of your smile
To see the light behind your eyes
The happy thought that makes you fly
Yes, I would wander weary miles
To simply see the sunrise of your smile

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment