20 March 2017

Who Does it Serve? ~ Dreams

Greetings Dear Reader,

We all have dreams.  Some of us chase them.  Some hide them.  Some are blessed to live them.  Some of my dreams I share with others.  Some I keep hidden even though I build on them.  I have lived a few that have then been shattered.

It is good to have dreams.  It is also dangerous.  We are intended to have desires in our hearts of what we wish to have, do, and become.  The fulfillment of dreams requires the proper alignment of work, will, and providence.  It is in the pursuit of dreams that we find the steam to run our life engine.

We must consider who our dreams serve.  If they serve only our interests then they will never satisfy even if attained.  They can fuel our efforts but cannot sustain us if they feed only us.

I pursue the dreams that serve others as much as possible.  I desire to attain dreams that will outlast my brief time upon this stage.  Fueled by hope and faith I also try to delight in the one I follow so that my dreams align with him.  Sometimes the fuel feeds thin.  Sometimes the engine feels overworked.

The great dream that I share with you Dear Reader is to be free to craft tales daily for you.  I long to spend my hours in the day working to weave stories that draw you home.  The key is asking who the dream serves.  If it serves others then it is a dream worth dreaming.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment