15 March 2017

Who Does it Serve? ~ “Sorry”

Greetings Dear Reader,

It seems as a society we are increasingly poor at accepting responsibility for our transgressions.  We do not spend time with our faults to acknowledge and redeem them.  Instead we excuse, ignore, or dismiss when we wrong others.

Recently I watched someone who claims to follow Christ launch a tirade of anger and slights at a coworker.  When someone pointed it out the person simply said “sorry” and moved on to another topic. 

When we wrong another person saying “sorry” is rarely anything other than self-serving.  A genuine apology and request for forgiveness serves the wronged person.  Anything less serves to get us out of embarrassment or responsibility for our actions. 

I want to eradicate this habit from my life.  I never want to just say “sorry” when someone deserves my attentive understanding of how I have wronged him or her.  I do not need to overdo it when I do something small.  I should, however, err on the side of being attentive to accidental sleights instead of dismissing them.

If I am to love others I must embrace the humility required to serve them and Christ by owning and mitigating my wrongs.  I cannot serve Christ by just being “sorry”.  I must rather have genuine sorrow for my wrongs and not merely dismiss them.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment