12 March 2017

What Do You Fear? ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

That which we fear can control us.  If we allow it to control us it stops us from achieving.  Fear devours us.  When fear assails us we choose the way in which we will respond.

The other danger when I let fear control me is that I harm others by acting out of self-interest.  Once again that is not the way to follow Christ.  When fear guides me I look for my own protection and control.  Instead I must let love and grace be my moving force. 

So often we can defeat fear by facing it and pushing through it.  We do not have to do it alone.  I must not allow my fear to be my guide.  I must allow my security in Christ to give me courage and strength.

Fear must not have power over me.  I must think and act  in ways that weaken fear and diminish the power it holds.  “God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and a sound mind.”

How Far this Road Goes – Gareth Dunlop

Come take this trip with me
Keep your eyes wide and keep me company
If you tag along you just might see
What is it I'm trying to reach

I'm still tied to my hopes and my dreams
Adventure I will always see
A child I will always be
So won't you come take this trip with me

Through the winding roads
Further then we've gone before
Past the `turn back now` sign post
And see just how far this road goes
To see just how far this road goes

I just can't wait for all we're gonna do
So let's go make a memory or two
And think what's ahead and all that's new
This journey was made for me and you

Through the winding roads
Further then we've gone before
Past the `turn back now` sign post
And see just how far this road goes

To see just how far this road goes
To see just how far this road goes
To see just how far this road goes

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment