27 March 2017

Loving What We Will Become ~ Infighting

Greetings Dear Reader,

For those of you who do not share my faith please forgive me.  I am focusing for a moment on those who do.  This will benefit those outside of my beliefs as it will give you something by which to hold us accountable.

As I ponder what we will become and try to love it I consider the differences that exist amongst Christ followers.  It saddens me how much time and energy we waste arguing over things that will not matter eternally.  It is also true that the wasted time and energy may matter eternally. 

Paul warns Timothy, “Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.”

We divide and argue over things that do not matter.  We make things important so that we can sound knowledgeable and wise.  In that stance we become foolish and evidence our ignorance of what the Father truly desires.  We fail to put love and peace first.

I must not engage in arguments.  The conversation and congress among my fellow travelers must be about how to love and serve more deeply and more purely.  There is no stance the trumps the command to love unconditionally.   There is no requirement in theology that exceeds the greatest commandment to love the Father with all that we are.

We will all become the same in the end.  We will know and believe the same because faith and ignorance will be abolished.  Should we not love what we will become now?  Should I not embrace it with all that I am?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment