14 March 2017

Who Does it Serve? ~ Our Words

Greetings Dear Reader,

Last week a coworker attached me personally over a disagreement regarding a way to proceed with a work task.  I was surprised how quickly anger and insult replaced civil discussion.  Then again I used to be like this.

My words are a dangerous weapon.  I have worked hard to choose only words that are kind and honest.  I still fail.  I do not always choose the right words.  I do not always choose the right feeling to express.  I give lease to the wrong words.

Metering what I say through asking who it serves is a solid way to gain more ground in this battle.  It is in the constant vigilance over who I serve that I can learn to more wisely choose what I say. 

Who does each word serve?  Who will benefit from the sarcastic remark or thoughtless jab.  Who I am kind to matters.  What I say always matters.  Keeping in mind that every word should serve the Gospel helps.  Knowing that I am accountable for even every idle word should motivate.  

In pondering who it serves when I speak I can be more aware of the words that come out of my mouth.  I can better monitor who my thoughts serve I can better control my words.  If I guide my words to only serve Christ then they will be filled with love and kindness.  I will fail but I must work at it with every thought.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous14/3/17 16:26

    Who do we serve saying that we don't even think aboutwho serve and how actions that is a huge question that people don't even think about but I see your point coming from we need to ask ourselves that every time thanks for being upfront and opening New Perspectives into things in our daily lives

    ReplyDelete