16 March 2017

Who Does it Serve? ~ Arguing

Greetings Dear Reader,

I wonder why we cannot get past this.  Arguing from a position of anger or pride serves the self.  It is never the arguing that forges the peace.  It is never being right that matters.

What we do when we argue is destroy the other person.  We use whit and words. We often shout and belittle.  We sink to our lower selves.  It becomes winning over substance.  It becomes being the one who is heard instead of listening. 

It does not matter if it political, social, or personal.  Arguing does not serve to create peace or foster love and trust.  It creates rocky ground.  It can do irrevocable harm.  It can turn to hatred and violence. 

I am not supposed to argue.  I am required to be able to present a reasonable explanation of my hope.  I am supposed to oppose evil.  None of that requires me to argue.  I must serve the truth not my pride or fear.

In social and personal discussions I must never argue.  I must speak the truth in love.  I must refuse to engage when baited.  Even when others are wrong about me I must be kind and patient.  It is in love and patience, speaking the truth that we win.  It is too easy to argue.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment