04 March 2017

High Moral Ground ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

There are so many analogies that make it clear that our moral high ground is almost always shifting sand.   Jesus used the analogy of removing the beam or log from one’s own eye before trying to remove the spec from another’s. 


In truth we have moved so far from genuine accountability that we have forgotten how out of bounds we often are.  We often have double standards.  We decide which things are wrong or right based on our own values instead of accountability to outside standards.  We then claim that we are “right” and others are “wrong” based on our preferences, prejudices, and predilections. 

As a follower of Christ I must adhere to sound principals based on his teachings.  One of those teachings is that I not ever assume that I have the moral high ground.  In truth, if I want to take the high moral ground I must never assume that I am on the moral high ground. 

I must never see others as less than me.  In fact I am required to think of others better than myself.  It is about seeing the value and beauty in every human.  It is that the high moral ground is seeing that every life matters.  Every human has inalienable rights just because they exist.  If we do not love everyone and reject others based on own standards we will be very surprised.  If you cast aside anyone and think you have the high moral ground a tidal wave is coming.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment