02 July 2013

Issues I must address – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize there are other things I could include in this.  I can think of them without really trying.  Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the needs of the world around me and the feeling that I make little impact.  I also know that I work at making a difference.  I am aware and I act.

Some would say that it is too late; that the church has become irrelevant.  I would say that instead of abandoning it we work from within the change things.  Divisions and factions are the enemy of meeting the world’s needs.  I must realize that there are others feeling the same and working toward the solutions.

The vast complexity of the world’s needs is unassailable by one person.  It is my place to make a difference where I can.  It is my place to do what I can a believe that things will unfold as they should.  Everything about the social issues of our world points toward the need for Christ followers to abandon their difference and embrace the things that are common.

There is no room in the Gospel for hatred or indifference.  We cannot hope to make an impact if we show more concern for our own wants over the needs of others.  It is our part of the journey to assure that we are there with kindness, love, and true help to show others who Christ is and what he has to offer.  If we do not work for social justice we should not be surprised if others do not see the need for spiritual justice as well.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment