05 July 2013

My sin versus YOUR SIN

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things that saddens me greatly is the way in which we differentiate between our sin and the sin of others.  I say “we” because even though I do not wish it I do this from time to time.  An un-captured thought or moment of carelessness causes me to see another’s actions and judge him. 

This is shameful for me.  I have no right or freedom to judge the sin of someone else.  I am fallen and sinful.  I sin and my sin is what I must be concerned about when I ponder sin.  Instead we ponder the sins of others and assign them more severity of our own.  When we get in the business of comparing sin we become blind and foolish.

It is simple for me to negate the severity of my own sin if I focus on the sin of others.  I must daily realize the depth of grace and mercy required for me.  I must moment by moment strive to live in a submissive manner that honors God.  If I battle my own sin then I have no time to judge others. 

When I compare sin I only breed judgment and resentment.  When I fail to see the shortcomings of others with compassion and grace then I am in danger of setting myself above them.  It is my duty to God to work at negating my own sinful nature and honoring him by loving and caring for others. If everyone who follows Christ adopts this attitude then what would be the result?

A final thought would also be that if we say we do not sin then we have a problem altogether larger. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment