10 July 2013

The Riddle – To the Mystery

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am astounded at all the things I used to think I knew.  I am just as astounded at the things of which I am still certain.  I am certain that God is there and that he is active.  I am certain that the designated hitter is a bad idea.  I am certain that the more we learn about the universe the less we actually know.

Science in the world has found so many things and yet those answers still lead to more questions.  The universe keeps unfolding as we probe outwardly.  What we learn informs so many areas of our knowledge.  Still, however, we have so many more questions.  I think that we have not even begun to grasp the depth of what we do not know. 

One of the things that keeps me engaged in all of this is that I do not think our depth of knowledge ever will explain nor will it dismiss God.  I still find mystery in so many things.  Even when I can explain the physics, chemistry, or process I find that it is the unknown that tantalizes me.  

The mystery that drives me the most is love.  We can assign chemical reactions and survival of the species to love all we wish.  That someone will sacrifice everything, including life for the love of another is a mystery.  This to me is a clue to all other things.

In pondering the mysteries of existence and its purpose I must inform that thinking through God’s insistence that his relationship to us and ours to each other be based on love.  I wonder how the Bible would read were we to translate it based on this premise?  I am not saying that current translations are not good.  There are some excellent ones.  I do think there are things that could be translated better.

I do wonder why we do not begin with this great mystery when we approach the great questions of the universe.  I think that the power of unconditional love is the most penetrating and invasive thing there is.  I think that on some levels it is irresistible. 

Love is the mystery that runs through all other things.  When we try to remove it we lose something.  When we are without it we feel the loss and we are not complete.  I think it is a clue to the great mysteries and a substantive part of the answer. 

There are secrets that we still have left to find
There have been mysteries from the beginning of time
There are answers we're not wise enough to see
He said... You’re looking for a clue; I Love You free...

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment