31 July 2013

The Names of God – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that my thoughts on this matter have not been very deep.  I realize that most of what I share here has been the work of others.  There is a reason for this.  My focus has been on how this impacts me.  When I ponder who God is I am often left awed and speechless.  The former is joyous and the latter is rare.

When they combine I try to just swim with the tide and see where it carries me.  When I review the names that God uses to reveal himself it astonishes me.  This amazing and transcendent God love me.  This unfathomable force wishes some very simple things from me. He wishes me to love him and all those around me. 

When I survey who he is in light of this simple requirement it brings me to great pause.  How can I not trust such infinite power and love with obedience to such simple commands?  How can I sit in judgment of others when I know that God knows the depth of my own failures?  The God who is all these amazing things is who I attempt to follow.  I have so far to go to catch up.  Fortunately he meets me daily right where I am.


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment