25 July 2013

Second Thoughts - Chili Cheese Dogs

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Yesterday was national Hot Dog day.   Sonic offered their amazing Chili Cheese Dogs for $1.00 each.  I mentioned this in class regretting the I did not have time to go over to the only Sonic in town and avail myself of this opportunity.

I had closing responsibilities at school meaning that I would not be able to leave until almost eleven p.m.  To my delight a student returned after leaving class with a box of Chili Cheese Dogs for me.  His gesture and words were very kind and greatly appreciated. 

It made me more aware of the impact it has on others when we go out of our way to be kind to them.  I want to always be thoughtful and kind.  I am sure I can find more ways to do so.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. that was SO NICE of your student! and it goes to show God is using you where you are at. A student who didn't genuinely like and respect his teacher would never do something like that. You are making an impact, a real difference in the lives of your students. way to go!

    ReplyDelete