22 July 2013

The Sea - Again

Greetings Dear Reader,

I think that we forget sometimes that the great lakes are more like great inland seas.  I have been to all of them at some point in my life except Lake Superior.   Over the weekend I was granted a surprise trip to the shore of Lake Michigan.  The water was too cold for true swimming but just sitting by the vast water was beautiful.

I sat there for hours watching birds, boats, and people.  I was served an excellent shrimp and salad lunch. The conversation was lovely.  I was reminded of the things that I need to do to recharge who I am.  The vast expanse of something that runs to the horizon always causes me to think.

I thought about life a great deal that day and the things I need to day to assure that it is my life I am living.  If I am to follow Christ with all my heart I must remember all the things that make me better at that.  I must work toward the things that draw me to him being more of my life. 

Time by the sea, a gift that I savor today, has spawned some new thinking and I must think it well.  I must discern how to change the things I must and move forward in doing so.  It would be a shame to waste this gift.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment