27 July 2013

The Names of God – יהוה נסּי, yehôvâh nissı̂y, Jehovah my Banner

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I was younger I drank way too much coffee.  Understand that I have worked hard to perfect making a good cup of coffee.  I roast my own beans and get the best out of every one of them.  However, when I was younger I consumed too much and made it a priority over other things.

One of my mentors called my circle of coffee consumers “The Brotherhood of Baleful Brewers of the Bitter Black Bean.”  He once cautioned me that enjoying coffee was a good thing but never to make it my banner.  Until I took a full year off from consuming it I did not fully understand his meaning.

We all wave banners.  One learns quickly what peoples’ banners are.  I am defined to others by the banners I wave.  I have a technology banner.  I have food banner.  What I must have and wave and live under is a God banner.  I must, however, not identify with it for my own purposes. 

God sets his banner over his own to love and protect them.  I must not allow my actions to make that banner be soiled.  I must be who I am called to be in Christ and follow the banner where it leads me no matter what the cost.  I must not let minor banners supplant the prominence of the banner that God has placed over me. 

A banner is to be a symbol of my principles.  When others see my banner I should hope that everything they see points them toward God.  It is not thus so I must work to reconstruct what is my banner.  Whether fixed on a hilltop or doorpost it must always reflect that my allegiance is to and my protection is from The Almighty God who IS.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment