22 May 2014

As I Leave Teaching - First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I know that my soul is a teacher’s soul.  I was once told it is my “first best destiny”.  As I move on to other things I wonder how I will manage the gap in my life.  In my new endeavors I already know I will get opportunities to help others learn.  I also know the things I will be doing matter in the grand scheme.

As I move on from the classroom there things I would ponder, discuss, and observe.  I do this all to process the loss properly.  I do not think that those who have not been at the front of a classroom can truly understand what pass when we move on to other things.

One cannot teach others without giving a bit of themselves.  I know that I am feeling some deep loss at this transition even though the change is a positive one.  As I have counted back there are hundreds of souls that have passed through my classrooms over the years.  I remember almost all of them.

I am following Christ.  He has led me in a new direction.  It is a good thing but if I do not process the loss properly I will not give my best to the new part of this journey.  I know many of you, Dear Reader, are teachers.  Walk with me for a bit to share my sorrow and joy.  We know it all unfolds as it should.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

2 comments:

  1. wow! You know I have so many questions about your change, why, next step, etc. etc. I wish you all the best and look forward to what's ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it that your moving to and away from teaching? you were/are one of the best teachers that I have ever had. I am glad to have gotten to know you that way. I know I could always come to you if I ever had some question, or life crisis and you would always be there for me with some kind of answer that was heartfelt and helped me. You have had one of the biggest impacts on my life and helped to shape me to the man that I am to day and I thank you for that. I hope that in the future that you will be able to touch others as you have touched me. P.S. you also made me feel like family :).

    ReplyDelete