15 May 2014

Imagined Offenses - First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Some time ago I adopted a bit of philosophy that seems to really help me.  I refuse to be easily offended.  I am easily embarrassed but no longer easily offended.  In striving to be a more patient and kind person I have realized that being offended is a choice.

This was brought to mind again when someone asked me why I don’t read his emails.  He was angry and hurt.  It seems that he had set up  a read report on his email to see when others had read his emails. 

I use the reading pane to read most emails as it is more efficient than opening each one.  When I am done I respond, archive, or delete the email. I respond when it is warranted. I archive things that I need to follow up on or keep for a “paper trail”.  I delete informational email that I no longer need.

My friend had been getting reports that I had been deleting his email without reading it.  In truth they were informational and I read them then deleted the ones I did not need.  He imagined that I was ignoring them.

I realize how easy it is to get worked up over things that have never happened.  I want to spend some time fine tuning my framework for this.  Join me if you wish.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment