20 May 2014

My Tiny Jar of Rocks

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things that will always sink deep in my heart is an unexpected gift from a child.  A couple of weeks ago when my Grandsons were over to spend the night such a thing happened. 

Since I am always up early and the boys sleep in the living room when they are here I have to be extra quite when they visit.  The boys were sleeping soundly and I was writing when the freaky cardinal tapped on the window and awakened Bastion.  He is two.

He came into the office and we watched the cardinal together.  It would tap on the window and fly away.  It repeated this over and over again.  Bastion would snuggle and then jump up and say “freaky cardinal” whenever the bird tapped.

He started pointing around the office at the various things on my shelves wanting to know what things are.  I showed him my special box that contains priceless items with not value.  If you do not understand this read The Littlest Angel.  We looked at each item and I explained why they are valuable to me.

In the box are three pieces of granite.  To Bastion is did not matter why they were there but tomorrow I will share that story.  He jumped down from my lap and ran to get his pants.  He came back, dragging the pants and climbed back up in the chair with me 

He proceeded to pull tiny pebbles from his pants pocket one at a time and give them to me.  They were barely more than sand.  He insisted I put them in the box with the large ones.  I produced a tiny jar from my desk and put the pebbles in it.

Once the jar was safely in the box he was satisfied.  He gave me a hug which is rare for Bastion.  He then went off to play with the marble racetrack ending any hope of anyone sleeping a little longer.

I have been looking at those tiny pebbles for two weeks.  They are sitting in the jar on my desk for now.  They are the first gift my youngest Grandson has ever given me on my own.  They were given intentionally and innocently.  It is just the way God wants us to give our treasures to him.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment