24 May 2014

Second Thoughts – Brat Fest

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

As I prepare for my memorial day weekend I also anticipate one of my favorite events of that weekend: Bratfest.  I have been on both Friday and Saturday.  I bought brats for my friends and family.  I filled the bottom shelf of the fridge with them as well.

Today my Grandsons attended Brat Fest with me and got to see the real Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile.  Until then the oldest did not believe it was real.  We ate brats and blue ice cream.  I spent a nice morning in the sun with my Children and Grandsons.

What matters most is that the money matters.  The world’s largest brat festival is actually a charity event.  All the proceeds are donated to local charities.  The money infuses those who care for others in our community with needed funds. 

I will like attend every day of the event over Memorial Day weekend.  I support this event every year for the sake of the community that I love.  I love brats too, but it is the purpose of this amazing spectacle that drives me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


No comments:

Post a Comment