05 May 2014

Constant Prayer – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We are told by Paul that we are to “pray without ceasing.”  Since it is impossible to stay in the place where I do not my concentrated prayer I need to know what this means.  I have been told often that it means to be in a constant “state or attitude of prayer.”  Whilst that seems reasonable it also means that prayer is not a formal as I was taught.

In a desire to be always in connection with Christ I begin to wonder and explore what it is then to be in constant prayer.  I felt some of this yesterday during an intense conversation with someone.  During the entire conversation I was talking to God in my head asking for wisdom.

I think that there are many “methods” that work for prayer but I also think that God wants things to be very personal.  When Jesus talks about prayer he covers what I think are vital attitudes about the three-way relationship between God, others, and me.  What I need to ponder is that inner conversation that seems to be required.

As I walk through this over the week know that I am praying for you Dear Reader.  Join in the conversation if you wish.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment