06 May 2014

Constant Prayer – Siren Prayers

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the ways in which I try to constantly pray is that I speak to God whenever I hear sirens.  I pray for the welfare of all involved.  I ask for safety for the emergency personnel.  I thank God for the safety and health in my own life.

It is interesting that my brother has just started a career in emergency services.  I noticed that without thinking about it intentionally I have added thoughts for his safety and his skill to my “siren prayers”. I credit the lack of needing to plan it to the practice of constant prayer.

So much of the time I take for granted how good I have it.  The few times in my life I have needed emergency help it has been there.  What I have needed as brief encounter is a lifestyle for them.  When they are working someone is dying or going to jail.  Someone is in danger and sometimes so are they.

The thing that must be true about me is that I must be thankful for those who serve in this way.  I must constantly be aware of the needs of others.  Praying for those who serve when the sirens go by is a way to keep my mind where it should be.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. When I first became a Christian and I lived with my grandma she taught me to always pray when I hear a siren and it's a practice I've used for over a decade now. However, I've never used to as a reminder to be thankful for my own health. I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete