02 May 2014

Kintsugi – Filling in Fear

Greetings Dear Reader,

So often I combat fear.  I win when I combat it with faith.  I lose when I combat it with control and anger.  It really is that simple for me.

I am sure that most of my flaws stem from this single fissure.  In the novel Dune by Frank Herbert the Bene Gesserit have a litany against fear.  “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

In truth there is something that remains.  That which remains is Christ.  It is not only “I”.  Christ fills in the void where we have let fear pass.  We have a sound mind to combat fear.  We have the ability to reason through things with the knowledge that Christ is in control. 

It is the power of Christ to control all things that allows us to have power against fear.  Where the cracks and broken places of fear exist Christ can fill them with his own guidance and comfort.

There is something even beyond the sound mind and power to follow in faith.  There is love.  We can fight the broken way of fear with the love the God has for us.  If we balance all three: sound thinking, the power of Christ, and his love for us then we will not be flawed by our fear.

Instead I can fill the cracks and broken places with the cohesive gold of Christ.  I can allow my mind and heart to live through his infilling of my fractures. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment