31 July 2014

Am I Enough – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

From time to time I like to travel for a bit with people I long to meet.  Once a long time ago, when I was in the grasp of a poor life choice one of my closest friends told me that I just needed to be alone like Job.

He truly turned out to be like one of Job’s friends.  I, however, was nothing like Job.  My behavior has since improved and I would still not consider myself anything near Job.  I was very wrong back then but anyone who knew would see that leaving me alone was the very worst thing to do.

Job is one of my favorite people in the Old Testament.  He has many lessons to teach us about walking with God.  He has many things to teach us about the character of God and his love for us.  He also has much to teach us about adversity. 

God is asking Job a simple question.  It is one that we all have to answer eventually.  God asks Job, “Am I enough? Will you be satisfied with just me?”  This is much harder of a question than it seems.  Job is asked this question is the midst of great terror and pain.

I intend to close the summer walking with Job.  Someone I love dearly is walking through great pain and sorrow at this time.  He does not have the comfort of a close walk with God to see him through the pain.  I am searching for ways to help him and ways to assure that I keep my integrity whilst helping him.

Walk with me if you wish.  As always your thoughts and questions are welcome.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment