28 July 2014

Words out of Fashion – Honor

Greetings Dear Reader,

We speak of this in reference to our military and the sacrifices made for our continuing freedom.  That is good and just.  We should never lose sight of it.  That, however, is not the end of the honor we need as a society.

We need to be a people of honor.  We need to be people who honor our word, our elders, and each other.  Honor is not something elusive and high profile.  Honor is keeping our word in little things. 

It is protecting the hearts of children by being good to their other parent.  It is seeing the needs of others ahead of our own needs.  Honor is loving someone because they exist not because they seem worthy. 

Following Christ for me is about daily honoring his wishes for me as his follower.  It is putting aside what I want from others and being good to them.  It is seeing others do wrong and loving them instead of judging, rejecting, or hating them. 

If I am to honor Christ then I must balance honesty and humility.  I must always seek to be good to others.  I must think, feel, and act in harmony with Christ.  Everything about honor is tied to God.  I believe that I cannot honor anyone else without honoring Christ first.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment