21 July 2014

Mica Man – Broken for Use – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The thing about mica is that is has little use in its raw form other than geological study or the curiosity small boys.  It must be separated or processed to be of use.  It must be broken to become whole.

Those who would really follow Christ must do the same.  Everything about following Christ is deconstruction and reconstruction.  I must allow Christ to peel back the layers and reform them into something of use to him. It is only then that his light can get through.

It is only through that process the dross is left behind.  It is only through it that the light can get through each layer.  I must be broken to be of use.  It is the sum of my parts in the hands of Christ that can change me and benefit the lives of others.  Outside of that I am just a dull brown rock that crumbles easily under pressure.

Father – Terry Talbot

The alabaster case of oil was open
And washing the feet of Jesus
The sweet perfume was poured

I am like the cask I must be broken
So from my heart will flow
A life unto my Lord

Father break me,
Take me through the fire,
O Father hold me mold me,
Just as you desire
I am just a cup to overflow your will
But I know I must be empty to be filled

I saw myself as only drifting
Lost upon the waters
Sinking like a stone

Then your tide washed around me  
I was lifted
If I follow the morning star I’ll be sailing home.

Father break me,
Take me through the fire,
O Father hold me mold me,
Just as you desire
I am just a cup to overflow your will
But I know I must be empty to be filled

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment