10 July 2014

The Crimson Thread – Joseph

Greetings Dear Reader,

Most people have heard the story of how Joseph was sold by his brothers.  An excellent musical depicts his life and rise to power.  One of the things that is unique about his story is that he is one of the few people in the Bible for whom no sin is recorded.  I do not mean to imply that he never did wrong. 

I do mean to say that his part in weaving the crimson thread is to be an example of both the suffering servant and the benevolent king.  His story is one of betrayal and forgiveness.  His story teaches us that what other mean for evil God can mean for good.

The problem of evil is one that is too big to tackle in this venue.  It is one that we will wrestle with until the end of evil.  What I must do is that in the darkest of circumstances Joseph chose to do what was right and good.  I can do the same if I choose.

In following Christ I must do what is right no matter what the circumstances.  I must do what is good no matter what the cost.  It is following in faith that leads me to the places I am supposed to be.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment