02 July 2014

Second Thoughts – Dominion Review with Spoilers

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

The SyFy network recently premiered one of its new summer shows.  It has some wonderful hits to its credit such as Warehouse 13 and Defiance.  I have long since given up hoping that science fiction will get faith and following Christ right.  I have also given up expecting film or television to interpret Bible stories well.

I wish that I could simply apply this lack of faith and expectation to the new show Dominion.   I cannot.  The show goes out of its way to create a premise that is insulting to God, his angels, and people who follow Christ. 

In the opening episode it is made clear that there has been a war between angels and men.  Gabriel leads a band of lesser angels who inhabit human bodies to wage war and the remaining humans.  Michael the Archangel is the reluctant and depraved leader of the human resistance. 

The two angels have a discussion relegating God to the position of an absentee landlord.   They refer to him as an imperfect father without the courage to destroy the humans with whom he is so disappointed.  Gabriel is angry that God gave men his “birthright.”  He thinks if he destroys mankind that God will return from his absence.

After watching two episodes I find no redeemable characters in this show.  I am offended that there is no respect for the God I serve and the holy angels who serve him as well.  It will get no more of my time. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


No comments:

Post a Comment