26 July 2014

Words out of Fashion – Accountability

Greetings Dear Reader,

When we remove ourselves from a system of accountability we are in the position where we do that which is right in our own eyes.  We are terrible at governing ourselves.  We want our own wants and desires over most things.

I realize that sounds harsh but as an observer of people, we most often do what we want to do no matter it impacts others.  I am not talking about the big things.  I refer to the everyday lack of accountability. 

When we are not accountable for our actions we are selfish and neglectful.  We put our wants above the needs of others.  We relegate the real needs around us to below our passions and privilege.  As we leave accountability behind we also lose the bedrock that holds us to our obligations.

I must be accountable to Christ for every aspect of who I am and what I do.  His standards must be mine.  His values must be mine.  I must not do anything small or large that is not a show of fealty to his rule over my life. 

I cannot just give my life to Christ.  I must be accountable for every moment simply because he owns them all and has authority over me.  If I do this enough I will realize that I can get to the place where I do so out of love for him and all that he is.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment