29 April 2019

An Artist’s Way ~ Constant Creation


Greetings Dear Reader,

I was in the North Carolina mountains most of the day yesterday after church.  I went to a specific place to pray for someone I love.  As I drove through the Chattahoochee, Cherokee, and Sumter National Forests, I saw the full force of Spring making its presence known and felt. 

I was reminded of a Resurrection Sunday years ago when traveling with this same person.  She was overwhelmed by the deep rich variations of green in the freshly blooming world.  Tolkien says it well in his poem I Sit Beside the Fire and Think, “In every wood, in every Spring there is a different green.”  I felt this same rush of the beauty of constant creation. 

I realize that you do not all agree with my view of how we got here.  Still one must acknowledge the vast artistry in the world through which we travel.  I have the added bonus of having someone to thank for it.  I am sure you would not begrudge me that Dear Reader.   

I mentioned a few weeks back that we are always on the mind of God.  Job says that if the Father was to stop thinking of us for an instant that we would cease to exist.  We are also, therefore, in the state of constant creation.  The Father renews his love and mercy to us moment by moment.  We who are requested to create are in a state of constant creation.  We are asked to imitate the Father in this.  We are asked to render new and beautiful things from what we are given.

Ponder with me what this world could be like.  Consider with me what it is that we must do.  We are permitted to render new things from our gifts, our abilities.  We can use our intellect and will to create things that make lives better, fuller, and richer.  If we do this out of love for the Father and each other, we can truly render amazing things.

When I write, I do so as an act of worship to the Father.  I work to hone the gift he has given me.  I want to do this every day and have my life sustained through this work.  What is your art Dear Reader?  I want to hear about what you create even if you think it mundane.  There is great beauty in simplicity.

Doulos – Kemper Crabb


You are my God
And I am your man
I will follow you
With the work of my hand
And the thoughts of my mind
And the love of my heart

If the world could know
If they could understand
Ah, the exquisite touch
Of the Creator's hand
Brings a blur to my eye
But makes my vision clear

Ring, rainbow ring
Encircles the throne
Fiery ring of love
Around your throne

Here is my ear
Drive through the nail
The world will know
By the ring that I wear
That I am not for sale
For you are my God
And I am your man

Ring, rainbow ring
Encircles the throne
Fiery ring of love
Around your throne
A ring to show
Just where I stand
A ring that binds my heart
Into your hand

You are my God
And I am your man


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   



No comments:

Post a Comment