12 April 2019

Prologue to Epilogue ~ The Pinch

Greetings Dear Reader,

The bulb of the past and the bulb of the future stand below and above the pinch respectively.  Each grain of time waits its turn above to flow through the pinch into the past below.  That grain only matters in the brief instant that it is in the pinch.  It is in that mayfly moment that it is given life and opportunity.  It passes quickly from dream to memory carrying only the instant that it lived to compare.

It is in the pinch that all of life happens.  Past is prologue and the future is potential.   It is in the singularity of each moment in the pinch that we have the chance to blaze into light and life.  It is only in the moment that we can find anything that is real.  On this truth hangs the thought toward which I have been building.

If, as I have been saying since January, we are required to have love as the foundation of all we do, then a question is here begged.  For the record, that “if” was rhetorical and the answer is that we are required to have love as the foundation of all we endeavor to think, feel, and accomplish.  If, then, we are to love, and life is only found in the moment, are we not supposed to seek to love in every moment?  Is not the chief reason for life to love the Father and each other in every step of the journey?

We increasingly discover how deeply anger, grief, and bitterness tear away at us mentally and physically.  We see the results of years of hardheartedness in the lives of people.  There is no negative emotion or attitude that makes us healthier or stronger.  We consume so many moments in anger and regret that do not build life.  Instead, they tear it down and diminish its quality.  They fall into the lower bulb as wasted ashes of regret.

My case here is for the moment, not another attempt to see that love is foundational.   If we are to love with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, then we have to do so in every moment.  We must apply all of this effort to seeking Christ in each moment as it falls through the pinch.  The past can inform and the future holds hope but it is in the moment where Christ is and we may find him to follow. 

As I pondered this I prayed.  I asked the Father why this is so vital.  I asked why it is so necessary to the journey that we live in the moment.  The answer sprung into my mind as if someone had verbally spoken it.   “Why,” asked the voice, “do you think my name is I AM?”  I wept over this reality.  I saw clearly that all of my planning for the future and pondering over the past is mostly wasted energy and creativity.

It is in each moment that I can find the eternal living God and choose to follow him.  It is in this that I can embrace faith and follow in a way that eliminates most of the things that hinder me, hinder all of us. 

Fear, greed, anger, bitterness, envy, strife, hatred, and anything else that possess us only find their life in past or future thoughts.  Ponder it for a space if you do not believe me.  If, however, we seek to find, love, and follow Christ in the moment, there is neither time nor space for other things.  Each moment is filled with the love that Christ has for us if we will only allow Jesus to own that moment.

This is not the conclusion Dear Reader.  This is rather the foundation upon which the conclusion will stand.  We are on a journey whether we wish it or not.  We will have moments of choice the entire way.  We will choose how we use each moment.  This is the ultimate expression of free will.   The Father already knows how he will respond to our choice in the next moment because he is already there.  He is in each moment wanting to pour his love into us.

I submit that I must incline my energy in the journey to loving the Father and love you in every moment of the journey.  If I do this, it seems that everything else will work itself out for good.  I mean the ultimate good and not the good of ice cream or a nice car.  Tomorrow, if we are gifted with tomorrow, I will get to the point.  For now, Dear Reader, let us agree to work at loving each other in the moment.  It is, after all, the only thing over which I have power.  See you tomorrow if not sooner.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment