02 April 2019

Second Thoughts ~ April Snow

Greetings Dear Reader,

Avalon used to always remind me as the winter turned the corner toward spring that there is always snow that stays until April.  She pointed it out in its weak patchiness.  One year it snowed on May 2nd as we were coming out of church.

As I was in the Mid-West last week, the temperatures were warm and only one night was below freezing.  Things are already turning green and except for snow piled up by plows, most of the snow was gone.  One of the parking lots held a high deep mountain of snow made by the constant clearing of the car park.  It looked like it would not melt until June.    Still, I found no snow that was still where it had fallen and un-melted.

I wondered if perhaps Avalon’s axiom had finally proved false.  Then I drove west before the time came for me to depart for the next and longer part of my journey.  I love snow and have missed it this year.  Living in the South offers few opportunities for reveling n the white wonder makes of rain, cold, and physics.  Every crystal is beautiful and treasured by me.

As I drove to my destination, I saw what I thought were the long white tubes of fertilizer that appear on farms each year.  It was not giant fertilizer grubs.  It was a long thick strip of snow.  Then there was another and another.  I was west of the city and no further north.  Still, there was snow and given the temperature, it has little hope of melting before April. 

I smiled and whispered a prayer of gratitude.  I also prayed for the faith of Avalon and my continued faith in her.   There is snow that stays until April.  There is delight and beauty in the snow.  There is a reflection on the passage of winter that is important.  Spring brings hope with it.  It is true, however, that when we are discontent with winter, there is always something beautiful to remind us of its value.

The seasons are there to teach us about our faith and following.  It is never the snow or absence of it that matters.  It is recalling that the Father is an artist who paints the world with the colors he chooses.  It is our duty to look at his artistry and remember how much he loves us.  Enjoy the seasons, Dear Reader.  See the artistry reflected there so that you may reflect on the Father’s purpose.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment