21 April 2019

Holy Week 2019 ~ Where is the Love? ~ Walking Among the Dead

Greetings Dear Reader,

Please do not think for a moment that I do not rejoice and feel great elation that Christ is risen and that we celebrate it today.  I do.  I am also keenly aware of the way in which our celebration is shrouded in the things of death.  We may have a risen Christ; we still wear the shroud of death.

Looking at the tomb before sunrise we do not see his followers expectantly watching on the third day.  Where are those who were fed, healed, or raised from the dead?  Where are the apostles who spent three years seeing Jesus conquer everything thrown at him?  Why are they still hiding when the GOD-man promised he would rise after his death?  Where is the love for Jesus that was so profoundly professed seven days earlier?

Instead, the living are hiding among the dead.  They hide in upper rooms, borrowed houses, or flee Jerusalem.  Those who have seen the miracles and the exposed power of the Son of God hide in fear because they think him defeated.  The only ones around the tomb are soldiers assigned to be there.  Then, quite suddenly things change.

The angel rolls the stone.  The soldiers faint.  Jesus abandons the shroud of death and walks out of the tomb.  The women who show up to embalm the body wonder who has taken it away.  It takes seeing the risen Jesus for people to regain their faith and following.  Even then, some of them continue to walk among the dead.  They return to a life that no longer fits who they have become.

At this point, I have to face the truth.  I do it too.  I do it all.  There is blood on my hands.  My lips are not clean.  My heart fails.  My faith is weak at times.  I forget to stand in the darkness outside the tomb believing.  It is in each moment that I do these things I forget that the moment is filled with the love of Christ if I will only see it and embrace it. 

For now, I have to walk among the dead, but I carry the secret of life.  I carry the essence of all that is real.  I sometimes act like the dead when I no longer belong.  Everything in this world is condemned and only finds life in Christ.  The only thing I can offer the dead is love because that is what will bring them back to life.

Celebrate Dear Reader.  Wear your pretty floral bonnet.  Open your candy-filled basket.  Hunt your eggs and carve the ham.   Find space, however, to see that today changes everything and we can no longer live unchanged.  The glass has been righted again and time flows through the pinch forever different.  It was running to its fullness.  Now it runs until it is empty.  Things are different forever Dear Reader.  We no longer can pretend we belong here.  We have a journey to complete and the One we follow is walking again.  We had best pick up our crosses and get moving.  Let us see how many we can love enough to convince them to walk with us.

River – Leon Bridges

Been traveling these wide roads for so long
My heart’s been far from you
Ten-thousand miles gone
Oh, I wanna come near and give ya
Every part of me
But there's blood on my hands
And my lips aren’t clean
In my darkness, I remember
Momma’s words reoccur to me
"Surrender to the good Lord
And he’ll wipe your slate clean"
Take me to your river
I wanna go
Oh, go on
Take me to your river
I wanna know
Tip me in your smooth waters
I go in
As a man with many crimes
Come up for air
As my sins flow down the Jordan
Oh, I wanna come near and give ya
Every part of me
But there's blood on my hands
And my lips aren’t clean
Take me to your river
I wanna go
Go on,
Take me to your river
I wanna know
I wanna go, wanna go, wanna go
I wanna know, wanna know, wanna know
Wanna go, wanna go, wanna go
Wanna know, wanna know, wanna know
Wanna go, wanna go, wanna go
Wanna know, wanna know, wanna know
Take me to your river
I wanna go
Lord, please let me know
Take me to your river
I wanna know

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment