24 April 2019

I Do Not Care ~ Never Let You Go


Greetings Dear Reader,

I want to relate an event told to me by one of my closest friends.  It is true.  A man and his adult daughter were watching a movie one evening.  They were sitting in a double recliner.  The man fell asleep toward the end of the movie.  What unfolds was told to him by his daughter.

She had planned that night to take her own life.  After he fell asleep, he took hold of her hand.  She did not want to wake him so she waited for him to let go of it.  He never did.  When she tried to slip away, he tightened his grip and would not let go.  He slept deeply whilst she sat there pondering why she could not get away to accomplish her task.

I have a serious blind spot at times that leads to foolishness often.  Because we see love in this world as something conditional, we forget that it is not always that way.  At times we see humans succeed in loving unconditionally.  It is, however, less common than it should be.

The Son is much different.  We cannot truly escape him.  Once he has us in hand, he will never let go of us.  Think about his interaction with disciples after they had rejected and denied him.  He sought them out and reminded them that they were his.  When they abandoned the mission to return to fishing, he still sought them out to bring them back to faith and following.

The entire idea of grace and redemption is that God will never forsake us.  Beyond that, his love will never lessen.  His pursuit of us is constant.  The opportunity to be embraced by it exists in every moment.  We need only look for it.

My flaw is that I think that I have to do something to keep the love of the Father and Son clear in my life.  I think that I hold onto God when in truth he always holds me.  No one can take me from his hand. 

The world would be much different if we would see that the human failure to constantly love each other is not what is real.  What is genuine is that I can see the love of the Father for me in every moment that I choose to see it. The Father does not care what I have done.  He is always there to love me and restore me to seeing his love for me. This is where I must live.  This is where I must walk. 
Everything else is powerless in light of this.  Unlike humans, God will never give up on me.  I am never alone.  This is the foundation of my journey.  This is why I ask you to journey with me Dear Reader, so that we can enjoy this love together.


I know what you've been hearing
I've seen you hide your fear
Embarrassed by your weaknesses
Afraid to let Me near
I wish you knew how much I long
For you to understand
No matter what may happen, child
I'll never let go of your hand

I know you've been forsaken
By all you've known before
When you've failed their expectations
They frown and close the door
But even though your heart itself
Should lose the will to stand
No matter what may happen, child
I'll never let go of your hand

The life that I have given you
No one can take away
I've sealed it with My Spirit, blood, and word
The everlasting Father has made His covenant with you
And He's stronger than the world you've seen and heard
So don't you fear to show them
All the love I have for you

I'll be with you everywhere
In everything you do
And even if you do it wrong
And miss the joy I planned
I'll never, never let go of your hand
The life that I have given you
No one can take away
I've sealed it with My Spirit, blood, and word
The everlasting Father has made His covenant with you
And He's stronger than the world you've seen and heard
So don't you fear to show them
All the love I have for you

I'll be with you everywhere
In everything you do
And even if you do it wrong
And miss the joy I planned
I'll never, never let go of your hand
I'll never let go of your hand

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment