20 April 2019

Holy Week 2019 ~ Where is the Love? ~ Black Sabbath


Greetings Dear Reader,

“And a light shined in the darkness, but the darkness comprehended it not.”

In Egypt, on the first Passover, the darkness that descended on the land could be felt.  I cannot fully understand what it would be like to encounter darkness that one can feel.  The fulfillment of Passover carries with it a darkness that we cannot understand.  I sat in the deepest physical darkness today so that I may try to grasp its import.



Our failure to know the history and traditions of the Jews hinders our understanding of the import of Saturday.  To most of us, it is the waiting time between the crucifixion and the resurrection.  It is so much more.  In the world of the first century, it is the Sabbath of Passover week.

Most of Jerusalem goes about celebrating the Sabbath.  Whilst they do, the glass is turning.  It is that time between the sand running out and it is beginning to flow again.  It is when everything hangs in the balance.  Inside and outside of time, the future and eternity hang in the balance.  If Jesus does not rise, then all is lost.

What about today?  Today, we wait in the darkness.  No matter how bright the spring sunrise may be where you are, the darkness that is this Black Sabbath surrounds you.  As Jesus lay in the tomb, people went about their Sabbath day.  They may have discussed that the carpenter had been killed.  Some of his followers mourn as those who have no hope.  All of them hide.

Whilst faithful Jews rest in the customs of the Sabbath, the One whom they obey rests in a borrowed tomb.  The angels keep watch.  So do the Romans.  Some of those Romans have been changed by their encounter with God’s blood.  The day of darkness is a new beginning for them.  

The world waits in darkness unaware of all that is at risk.  The weight of this is lost on us most of the time.  The day will pass for us Dear Reader, but what will we carry from it?  I will ask the Father for nothing today.  He has given enough.   I will still pray.  I will keep watch even though I know the outcome.  I will long for the next celebration of Passover to be with King in New Jerusalem.  I will not forget that today it is dark.  I will remember that like so many things about Jesus, we forget that today is Black Sabbath.  Like the people of his time, many of us go about our business unchanged.  That, Dear Reader, is what must change.

A Little More Like Me – Kenny Rogers

It was an April night and I was right
Been out on the town
The show was at the palace
So we all went on down

We all had a ball as I recall
But now it seems absurd
As the madness raged upon the stage
He didn't say a word

He was a little weird and we all feared
He wasn't one of us
He didn't drink, he didn't smoke
And he didn't even cuss

You'd see him now and then
With a bunch of men hanging around the sea
And I'm sure I would have liked him more
If he were a little more like me

It was a springish each day
The clouds were gray
Looked like it might rain
Thought about the night before
And I was so ashamed

When I heard what they had done to him
A stranger I had known
But as drunk as we all got last night
It's a wonder we got home

He was a little weird and we all feared
He wasn't one of us
He didn't drink, he didn't smoke
And he didn't even cuss

You'd see him now and then
With a bunch of men hanging around the sea
And I'm sure I would have liked him more
If he were a little more like me

And I'm sure I would have liked him more
If he were a little more like me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment