23 April 2019

I Do Not Care ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

Is it possible that “I don’t care” sounds harsher than “I do not care”? I think that the contraction relates an intensity that goes beyond emphasis and inflection.  The expression of not caring has its own binary inference.  It is never neutral even though it may convey indifference.

When used in the negative, it is a hurtful thing.  Whether one is expressing indifference or injecting venom, the phrase rejects something that matters to the receiver.  It minimizes, denies, and harms.  The negative employment of the phrase deprives another of joy intentionally.

The positive employment of this phrase, however, can be powerful as well.  It can be freeing, healing, and restorative.  It can give an opportunity for restoration and reconciliation.  It can show a change in that one no longer cares about things that once caused division.  It can reveal growth and wisdom. 

I need to spend some time evaluating what truly matters the Father in terms of following his Son.  If the foundation is love, there are things that must not matter moving forward down the path.  An honest understanding and adaptation of this can lead to great forgiveness between humans.  We throw away things that matter and hold on to things that do not.  It makes the journey burdensome.

In changing out what I carry with me, I feel this exercise is necessary more often than I have previously considered.  Someone gave me more insight into this recently and reminded me how few things the Father cares about beyond his love for us.  Even when we are wrong, his love is not mitigated in the least. 

As I walk through this over the next few days, please walk with me Dear Reader.  If I am going to love you properly, I need to let you see me lay aside things that do not matter to the Father.  I need for you to see that I will hold on to the things that do matter to him.  Perhaps, you too can ponder with me about what really matters.  As always, your thoughts and questions are welcome.


I loved you long before the time your eyes first saw the day
And everything I've done has been to help you on the way
But you took all that you wanted then, at last, you took your leave,
And traded off a Kingdom for the lies that you believed

And although you've chosen darkness with its miseries and fears
Although you've gone so far from Me and wasted all those years
Even though my name's been spattered by the mire in which you lie
I'd take you back this instant if you'd turn to Me and cry.

I don't care where you've been sleeping, I don't who's made your bed
I've already gave My life to set you free;
There's no sin you could imagine that is stronger than my love,
And it's all yours if you'll come home again to Me.

When you come back to your senses and you see who's been to blame,
Remember all the good things that were yours with just My name;
Then don't waste another thought before you change the way you're bound
I'll be running out to meet you if you'll only turn around

I don't care where you've been sleeping, I don't who's made your bed
I've already gave My life to set you free;
There's no sin you could imagine that is stronger than my love,
And it's all yours if you'll come home again to Me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment