30 April 2019

An Artist’s Way ~ Sunrise Sunset


Greetings Dear Reader,

At the place where I spend my morning prayer time, I often get to see the color of the sky long before the sunlight cascades through the window or the rain drums upon it.   I used to live on the Atlantic coast and had a picture window that treated me to hundreds of sunrises filled with richness and beauty.  After that, I lived on the beach on the Gulf coast and enjoyed many fiery sunsets just as lovely.

The morning and evening light show are something I ponder often.  Given the idea discussed yesterday, that we are in a place of constant creation, it makes me consider the many ways that the Creator expresses his artistry.  The sun, our light and sustainer of life for this world, is eternally rising and setting.  The Father constantly creates the beauty of dusk and dawn. 

He gives us daily opportunities to see that he is an artist and has created artistry in us.  We are one of the many ways he expresses his creativity: Psalm 65:8 (NIV) “The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy.”  In our wonder at the beauty of the world, do we remember to see the Father in the creation of it?  Do we see that he is expressing his love for us through creativity?

My creativity often finds inspiration in creation.  I am almost always moved by beauty in the sunrise and sunset.  I must follow my Creator and his example of constant creation.  Like the sunrise, I can choose to be constantly creating space for new love, kindness, and grace within me in outwardly toward those I encounter.  In that call is also the call to create more life and hope.  I am going to see creation as an expression of love from the Father and find better ways to share it with others.  You are welcome to join me Dear Reader.

Dawn Spawn
By Aramis Thorn

Salmon dawn swims against the darkness,
Spawning another day.
Yet it is we who face the peril of fighting the flow,
Ours is the call to return
to that place,
to that time,
to our birth.
It is our internal call to move upstream,
to climb the falls,
to defy the very nature of things,
to prevent the death of day.
So that when today’s fight against the ever-encroaching darkness is done,
We have given birth to more light, more love, more life.
So that that day will come when day will never need spawning again.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment