22 July 2017

By Faith ~ Yes You Do

Greetings Dear Reader,

You have faith.  I am not accusing my atheist friends of believing in God.  That would be improper.  What I am saying is that you have faith in something. 

We try to eliminate our need for faith by saying that we can prove that there is or is not a God.  I believe my faith is reasonable but it would be arrogant to say that I can prove the existence of God.  The tentpole reasoning for me is that if we are not designed by someone then there is a mathematical problem.

In order for the universe to be a great cosmic accident then there must be an infinite stream of regressive probability.  There had to be millions of instances of just the right combinations of materials and events stretching back through billions of years so that we accidentally arrive at sapience and sentience.  I find this illogical.

It also begs the question of where did the first materials come from. What caused them to exist.  Nothing comes from nothing.  It takes faith to say that energy or matter just always was.  It takes faith to believe in this infinite regression.  I am not mocking anyone.

I am saying that no matter what you believe it takes faith.  You reach the point where you have no answers.  I must be honest but so must those who disagree with me.  I must admit that I reach the point where my belief is based on a leap of faith.  It is also true that the leap must be based on calculation and reasoning. 

My faith is based on the reason, logic, and substance.  I must not forget that faith is still necessary.  I must not forget that the fact is that God requires faith.  I must remember that even those who witnessed the supernatural doubted Jesus.  Faith is necessary.  We just choose the object of our faith. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment