09 July 2017

Freedom ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I think that in many ways we have abandoned the idea of personal responsibility.  We blame circumstances and others for our failure to do what we should.  We say we need more time when we have all been given the same amount.  We say we have too much to do when we have over-committed.

Too often we are not honest about what we want to do and then blame others for making us do things.  We do not excise an honest locus of control on our lives.  We then blame others for controlling us. 

I am free to do as I choose to do.  I am, however, accountable for my choices.  It is in those choices that most of life unfolds.  I cannot control the choices of others and I may be impacted the consequences of their choices.  I still am free to choose my response.

What then are the preset guidelines for my choices?  What do I put in place to assure that I exercise my freedom with responsibility?  I choose to follow Christ.  I choose to assert his primary commands to love God and to love others. 

In the freedom of choice I will fail at times.  The goal is to shorten the time between failure and rectification.  To lessen the times of failure is a goal as well.  If excising my freedom and commitment to love others becomes the habitual and not the uncommon then I will exercise my other freedoms more responsibly.  In that lies true freedom.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment