21 July 2017

By Faith ~ Walking, Driving, Flying

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I lived on the southern edge of the Misty Mountains there were often mornings where the fog was so heavy one could hardly see the road.  The journey from the road near my home to the highway could take three times as long as when the sun ruled the day.

Those drives were both beautiful and dreadful.  I did not have to make them often but when the fog forced me to slow down it was a lovely thing.  I like fog.  I find it beautiful and enchanting.  It also can hinder so much.

The choice in fog is to stop or keep going.  The choice is to walk by faith.  I have to keep moving.  I have to continue the journey.  No matter the speed or conditions I must walk, drive, or fly by faith. 

I cannot claim to live a life of faith and not use it when I cannot see what is next.  I cannot walk by faith only when the sun is bright and the path clear.  Faith or sight are the choice.  I am commanded to live by faith for now.  That is all there is.  Without it I cannot please the Father.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous24/7/17 23:07

    I also love the fog, yet never thought of it that way. I've always kept going and never saw the choice there. Now you've pointed out that I see the we have a lot more choice than we think sometimes but I have chosen to follow through faith through the fog and I'm glad you have also hold on to your faith and let God guide you along the road Sometimes we can't see what's before us but we know the road is there Where all on a Journey.

    ReplyDelete