03 July 2017

Freedom ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I wonder if our understanding of freedom is properly aligned.   Do we really understand what it means to be free?  I think that freedom has many facets and that those facets link together in a matrix that is true freedom.  I also think that we overlap those facets in an unhealthy way.

I want to ponder this as we celebrate Independence Day.  I want to be sure that I use freedom wisely.  The freedom we think of as American freedom came a very high price.  I am sure that in many ways we squander it.   It is not the only kind of freedom, however.

When we exercise a freedom we take on responsibility.  It is the other side of every coin of freedom.  There is always responsibility.  There is always a price.  If we do not shoulder the responsibility the price can be higher.  It can be forced to be paid by others.

This journey has great freedom in it.  It also has great responsibility.  Walk in freedom with me for a bit as we discuss our responsibilities Dear Reader.  As always I value your thoughts.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment